Tramontina Enameled Cast-Iron 6.5-Quart Covered Round Dutch Oven Review
A Dutch oven is used for the slow cooking recipes, and because it cooks in lid-tight conditions, the cooking process is religiously healthy here. Built with thick sides and bottom the container retains heat, locks moisture, and keeps the real flavor of the food intact.
Although a wide variety of dishes can be prepared by using a Dutch oven, mostly, chefs prefer it for making stew, for browning meat, soups, rice, and dishes with grains that cook better under slow steaming. Mostly these are made with cast iron, but some ceramics made pots are also available in the market.
What to Look for in a Dutch Oven
Wide ranges of Dutch oven models are available in the consumer market; however, all these models are not the best ones regarding their features and functionality. Therefore it is wise to be choosy before buying a Dutch oven. An ideal user-friendly Dutch oven should have these following functions:
- Dutch ovens are made mostly of anodized aluminum; heavy gauged stainless steel, as well as enameled cast iron. Homemakers prefer cast iron mostly because these ovens can retain heat better and maximum moisture. Dutch ovens made of ceramics are fragile, so they are not durable enough
- It is always better to buy a Dutch oven with solid and heavy duty surrounding sides and bottom
- It is always wise to start with a medium-sized container: a 5-7 quarts oven is the ideal size for a beginner.
Considering all these features in mind, we have found that Tramontina Enameled Cast-Iron 6.5-Quart Covered Round Dutch Oven fulfills all these criteria. Some of the functions that have made this product a distinct in its category are narrated here in outline details.
- The Tramontina Enameled Round Dutch Oven is a premium product that looks good, and it is convenient and functional
- It is oven safe, and it can withstand temperature of up to 450° F/232°C
- A lifetime warranty covers the product
- This cast-iron made Dutch oven is built with off-white, easy-to-wash PFOA & PTFE-free porcelain enameled cooking surface
- Besides its compatibility for cooking, the Dutch oven is suitable for pre-chilling of fruit and pasta salads in refrigerator
- The cook pot is safe and compatible to use on gas as well as on ceramic glass, electric, and induction cooktops.
- Due to flat and even cooking surface, the pot absorbs heat slowly and consistently which results in quick tenderizing of meats, poultry, and vegetables
- This cookware is perfect for baking and cooking of traditional slow-simmering recipes to perfection
- Solid cast iron construction of the pot is perfectly durable and wonderfully oven-safe.
- Versatile and perfect for 2-way use: it looks good and can be used for table serving too along with its use on oven
- Energy efficient for its large and even porcelain enameled cooking surface
- Can be used against different heat resources
- Easy to clean and durable
- Tramontina branded enameled round Dutch oven is sold with a lifetime
- Besides cooking of stew, it can be used as a baking
- Care and user instruction are available in the packing box.
- The bottom gets browned unevenly if used on an electric stove
- The finish on the handle gets chipped if it is banged against a sink.
Summary of the Features
Tramontina Enameled Cast Iron 6.5-Quart Covered Round Dutch Oven is a versatile gourmet cookware that can be used equally in the oven and the refrigerator for chilling of pasta salads etc. It’s heavy gauged sides and the bottom are excellent heat absorbers, and the texture supports in cooking foods evenly. It comes with a lightweight body.
The tight lid fitted as the container top with easy-to-grip stainless steel knob locks moisture inside and keeps the cooking ingredients tender and soft with zero loss of its nutrients. The Dutch oven is enameled with high-quality porcelain, and that makes it easy to clean and stylish looking.
Besides using it as cookware, it can be used for serving food on the table, too, which justifies its purchase regarding its ROI. It is oven safe and can withstand temperature up to 450° F / 232°C. It is compatible to use on the gas oven as well as on ceramic glass, electric, and induction cooktops.
Market Comparison with Similar Products
Although wide varieties of Dutch Ovens are available in market, very few of them can actually be compared with Tramontina Enameled Cast-Iron 6.5-Qt Covered Round Dutch because of its versatile features.
However, Lodge EC6D33 Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, 6-Quart, and Tramontina 6.5-Quart Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven Red are also quite popular in this product category, so let’s compare our Dutch Oven with these two models to analyze its pros and cons.
All three models are cast iron made and are found in attractive colors. The Dutch ovens absorb heat pretty fast, and they are easy to clean. The color of the Tramontina Enameled Cast-Iron 6.5-Qt Covered Round Dutch Oven doesn’t run or fade, and it can be used both for baking and cooking. It is cheaper in price, too, in comparison to other popular products in the market.
Different types of Dutch ovens are available in retail outlets, but if you are looking for an item that is budget priced, durable, good looking, and performing too, perhaps this particular Dutch model hardly has its rival in the market.
It is a safe buy in terms of durability and easy maintenance. Its lifetime warranty coverage is another feature that leads to quality assurance and ultimate buyers’ satisfaction.
Regardless you are a veteran cook or a newbie, a perfect homemaker or an armature, buying a Tramontina Enameled Cast Iron 6.5-Quart Covered Round Dutch oven is always a wise choice for your kitchen. It is equally portable for cooking outdoors. Its cast iron base will offer you excellent durability besides the comfort of slow cooking.