The Ideal Dutch Oven for Camping
Before you find the best Dutch oven for camping, let’s know first what a Dutch oven is. This is a special type of oven, cylindrical in shape, and made of heavy gauge metal or heavy duty ceramics. This heavy gauge container cooks slow and healthily produces tasty meals.
Cooking experts have found these ovens incredibly easy to handle, and surprisingly it is found that novices even can cook a wide range of dishes by using Dutch ovens.
Campers mostly try to search for and use the easiest ways to cook. The versatility and user-friendliness are the two prime reasons Dutch ovens are preferred during camping to cook tasty, healthy meals without much effort to induce.
If you are one of those campers who want to use a Dutch oven at the time of your camping, you have planned right. But you can be confused about how to select the best Dutch oven from the market as there are many options. Let’s take a quick stroll over the market to get a comparison between three most popular Dutch ovens to make your shopping a bit easier.
Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Deep Camp Dutch Oven
The Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Deep Camp Dutch Oven is an efficient meal maker that is easy to use and cost-efficient.
Meticulously built with a high quality cast iron and clad in stylish black color, it is a good compliment for a smart and trendy kitchen where efficiency and nutrition combo will be an added advantage. During camping, you can use the oven without any issue. Take a quick look at its features:
- It is easy to use that even amateurs can cook with it
- It is pre-seasoned with a non-stick surface for easy cooking
- It is sturdy enough for its long ironic endurance
- It can be used with different heat surfaces
- Its strong legs ensure better balance
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- User-friendly and almost maintenance-free
- Versatile and durable
- Due to the cast iron material, your food’s nutrients are retained
- Only wood or silicon utensils can be used
- It is slow in cooking speed.
Stansport Non-Seasoned Cast Iron Dutch Oven
If you are looking for a Dutch oven during your camping trip, the Stansport Non-Seasoned Cast Iron Dutch oven is one of the best options because of its legless structure.
It has a wide surface area in its bottom to get better heat distribution and retention power that will help you to cook faster. The Stansport Non-Seasoned Dutch Oven offers some more features that deserve special mention.
- Maintenance free, easy to clean surface
- 1-quart capacity, 5 inches diameter accommodate a larger quantity of food
- Cast iron construction is an added facility that results in long term durability
- The oven is warping and chipping resistant
- Its legless structure is an advantage; it can be placed in the gas oven for faster cooking.
- It has a tight lid that helps in retaining the food nutrients while cooking.
- Attractive design
- Cooks faster because of efficient heat absorption
- It is a heavy duty product, making it worth purchasing
- It comes with a lid and a bigger handle
- It is not seasoned.
- It is heavy, and that may cause inconvenience for its users
- According to users, its handle is of poor quality regarding balance and endurance.
Camp Chef SDO10 10″ Double Black Seasoned Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Lid
The Camp Chef SDO10 10″ Double Black Seasoned Cast oven is a viable option to buy because of its easy-to-use and easy-to-clean features. As it is made of cast iron, it is a nutrition-friendly apparatus that makes the outdoor cooking experience easy and fun.
It is a pre-seasoned Dutch oven that goes well with cooking on charcoal briquettes or wood. Besides its smart look and compact design, it is built with few handy features that will turn camping cooking less challenging.
- Flanged lid for convenience in placing coals on top
- Flawless finish and seasoned cast iron is used for manufacturing of this Dutch oven
- The oven comes with inbuilt thermometer notch
- The oven comes with convenient loop handle placed on the lid
- The presence of metal bail handle on the kettle is an added advantage for using it.
- The volume of 4 qt. and depth of 3¼ inches, and inside diameter is approximately 10 inches making it perfect for preparing large quantities of food.
- It is super-efficient
- It is big in size and can accommodate 10-12 people’s food.
- Almost maintenance free and easy to clean.
- Because of its cast iron make, foods will not lose their nutrients.
- It is heavy in weight, so it is slightly awkward to handle
- Can have minor surface blemished at ease, so needs extra care while handling.
Now, lets’ come to a conclusion about the final selection of the best Dutch oven for camping. These three Dutch ovens are popular choices as all three ovens are made with a tight lid and cast iron, which helps in cooking the recipes with great inspiration.
However, Stansport Non-Seasoned Cast Iron Dutch Oven is legless, and it offers a better cooking surface for the users although out of three, Stansport Non-Seasoned Cast Iron Dutch Oven is not seasoned.
Camping is a group outdoor activity, therefore, cooking here has to be easy, faster, and as much as possible healthy. From these points of views, Stansport Non-Seasoned Cast Iron Dutch Oven seems to be better bait.
Heavy Dutch ovens are slightly difficult to use, but they perform pretty quickly and can accommodate larger quality of cooking ingredients to cook. Stansport Non-Seasoned Cast Iron oven comes with thermometer notch, which is an added advantage of using this Dutch oven. The legless structure ensures easy cooking and easy accommodative ability to use heater or stoves.
Finding the best Dutch oven for camping is not that tough if you keep on comparing your shortlisted items with other similar items. Besides price range, allied factors like the brand, customer care rating, and warranty have to be considered.
Once your choice meet all these points, and you could check positive reviews from the users about the oven you have finalized, you can be sure that you have cherry picked the right Dutch Oven for you.